eMember Service Representative (Sales - inbound/outbound)
Want to work with a team and for a company you can be proud of? To have your work stand for something GREATER? Are you solutions minded and dedicated? Then we REALLY need to talk.
Greater Iowa is proud of its benefits package and we think you'll be pleasantly surprised that we offer more than the standard slate of benefits, even to our part-time employees.
Current Open Positions
Date Posted: 11/20/2019
Location: Ames - Contact Center
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Greater Iowa Credit Union is adding a eMember Service Representative to the Contact Center. This position will be responsible for the development and increase of members account relationships at the credit union thru direct contact via incoming calls, outbound calls and electronic communication means. Provides support to the contact center by handling telephone loan requests and online loan applications. Utilize technology and lead generation resources to inform, educate and offer additional credit union products and services in compliance with lending policies and procedures and state and federal regulations.
Spanish bilingual candidates receive pay differential.
Location: 826 N. 2nd St., Ames, IA 50010
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 7:30am - 5pm
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assist members with the loan application process. Interview loan applicant to gather information concerning their consumer loan needs. Complete application process by accurately loading applicant data. Compile loan packages and facilitate negotiation of loan structure, including fees, repayment options, and ancillary services. Prepare documentation for loan closings. Work with member in a professional manner by explaining loan decision and providing recommendations or alternative options to secure future lending requests.
- Identify and promote new loan and other credit union deposit products and services to achieve operational and strategic growth strategies. Packages loans and deposits with other valuable credit union products and services found to be beneficial to the member during the initial member interview to help the member plan and achieve a successful financial future.
- Initiate telephone calls to credit union members utilizing marketing tools and resources to keep members informed of credit union products and services that can meet their financial needs. Track and report on results.
- Exhibits a thorough knowledge of credit union products and services and successfully demonstrate effective selling skills and behaviors.
- Provide back up support to the Contact Center as needed.
- Assist in training of new employees and product knowledge and cross selling skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: (1) A two year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
1. Strong written, verbal, and oral communication skills.
2. High level of service orientation.
3. Working knowledge of lending and depository regulations.
4. Ability to present information with diplomacy and tact.
5. Display interpersonal, networking, and relationship building skills.
6. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to represent the financial institution in
a positive and professional way when dealing with membership and other staff members.
7. Attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
- Greater Iowa is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you have any questions, please contact GICU Human Resources at 1.800.296.9064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.