Teller - P/T
Want to work with a team and for a company you can be proud of? To have your work stand for something GREATER? Are you solutions minded and dedicated? Then we REALLY need to talk.
Greater Iowa is proud of its benefits package and we think you'll be pleasantly surprised that we offer more than the standard slate of benefits, even to our part-time employees.
Current Open Positions
Date Posted: 1/22/2020
Location: Ames - Somerset
Type of Employment: Part-Time
Greater Iowa Credit Union is seeking a Teller to assist members and potential members with their financial transactions and cross sell Greater Iowa products and services.
Location : 2623 Northridge Parkway Ames, IA 50010
Hours : Monday -Thursday 11am to 5:30pm , Friday 11am to 6pm, and Rotating Saturday's 9am to Noon
To assist members with their financial transactions, involving paying and receiving cash and other negotiable instruments.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Receives and processes member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals and loan payments; sells money orders and travelers checks to members; transfers amounts from member accounts as directed. Post transactions to member accounts and maintain member records.
Welcomes members and provides routine information concerning services and directs members to appropriate department for specific information and service. Cross sells credit union services.
Balances cash drawer and daily transactions.
Performs a variety of miscellaneous tasks including typing, filing, computer input.
Other duties as assigned.
1. To provide friendly, professional, personal service to all members.
2. To handle at least 150 transactions per day.
3. To have no more than one posting error per month.
4. Must be in compliance with Over/Short policy.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
Education A high school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
1. Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish.
2. Ten key calculator and computer keyboard by touch.
3. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
4. Detail oriented and accurate to prove cash at end of day and avoid errors on member accounts.
5. Above average math skills.
6. Proven track record of strong member service skills. Diplomacy.
7. Professionalism in appearance, dress and attitude is a must.
Physical Requirements The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to sit, walk, bend, reach, kneel, push and pull. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Greater Iowa is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you have any questions, please contact GICU Human Resources at 1.800.296.9064 or email email@example.com.