Greater Iowa Credit Union is excited to offer Banzai Junior, a financial literacy program for kids ages 8-12, at no cost to both members and non-members (or soon-to-be members). And for a limited time, kids who have completed the program can bring in their completion certificate to any of our 8 branches and we'll deposit $25 into a new or existing GICU savings account. See terms and conditions below; offer ends June 30, 2018.
It's all about trial and error. In Banzai, you make choices and experience the consequences of your actions in a fun and safe environment. The program follows a young girl as she sets out to learn about money by starting a lemonade stand, opening her first savings account, and saving for a new bike.
Program login instructions:
- Go to greateriowacu.learnbanzai.com
- Click on GET STARTED in the upper right corner. Select your age and click CONTINUE. Parents should help with a username, email address and password.
- The program has three parts:
- Pretest – helps to find out how much you already know about managing money.
- The Game – The main attraction! You’re gonna learn so much!
- Posttest – See how much you’ve learned.
- The COMPLETION CERTIFICATE for the $25 savings account offer will appear towards the end of The Game. It will present a brief description of the offer; click on LEARN MORE to access the certificate. Please print this page and bring it in with you to redeem. If you do not have access to a printer, you can have the certificate emailed to the address that was included when you established your account.
Users can log in and out of the program at any time. The program does not have to completed all at one time; it automatically saves your progress. You can also start over or play the game multiple times or with friends. Have fun - you get to choose your own adventure, much like life!
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR $25 COMPLETION CERTIFICATE OFFER
This reward is valid at any of our 8 branch locations through 6/30/18. Must present Banzai! completion certificate at time of account opening. To qualify you must be between the ages of 8 and 12 years old. Reward will not be credited after 6/30/18 even if the Banzai! program was completed before that date.
Certificate can be redeemed by a new or current Greater Iowa Credit Union member. A $5 deposit is required to open an account; this is considered your “share” in the credit union and is kept in your savings account.
A legal guardian or responsible adult (i.e. grandparent) must co-sign on the account and provide two forms of identification. If the child is able to sign paperwork, the child must be present at account opening and be able to provide a social security card and birth certificate for identification. Only one certificate can be redeemed per child. $25 may be considered income. Please consult your tax advisor.