Greater Iowa's Land-a-Grand Scholarship
Greater Iowa Credit Union promises to provide lifelong, personal service and innovative financial products to our members; this includes providing guidance for our youngest members to establish a strong financial future. That’s why we’ve created the Greater Iowa “Land-A-Grand” Scholarship - to encourage soon-to-be college students to learn how to manage their money before they get in over their heads. Five $1000 scholarships will be awarded to high school seniors in 2019.
The application period for the 2019 scholarships is March 12 - April 23, 2019.
- Applicant must be a high school senior with plans to be a full time student at an accredited college or university for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- All applicants must complete the Banzai 4-part financial education program. See instruction to log on and complete the Banzai program.
- Must be a resident of the state of Iowa.
- Application deadline: April 23, 2019
- The online form includes questions that pertain to the Banzai module and a short essay (300 words or less). The essay question is: What is one financial lesson or event that has influenced your life?
- Five $1000 scholarships will be awarded in 2019.
- Recipients will be determined by a small judging panel of Greater Iowa staff and Board members. Applicants’ names and current schools will be removed for the judging process.
- Scholarship funds will be deposited directly into the student’s account at their university; winners do not receive cash or a check made out directly to them. If a winner does not attend the said financial institution in the academic year of 2019-2020, the scholarship is forfeited.
- Greater Iowa Credit Union is permitted to use the winner’s name, photograph and other information provided in their application for publicity purposes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Are only Iowa high school seniors eligible to apply?
A. Yes. The award is for students who plan to earn your high school diploma or general education development (GED) certificate by June 2019.
Q. Can I apply for the scholarship if I’m not planning to go to a 4-year college?
A. Yes. Individuals who plan to attend community college or career/technical training program can apply.
Q. Are relatives of Greater Iowa Credit Union employees eligible to apply?
A. Yes. Family members or relatives of Greater Iowa employees are eligible to apply as long as they meet all other eligibility requirements.
Q. Do I need to be a Greater Iowa member to apply?
A. No. If all the other requirements, including expected 2019 graduation and plans to be a full time student, you may apply. You also need to reside within the state of Iowa.
Q. How will I know if I have won a scholarship?
A. Scholarship winners will be notified by no later than May 31, 2019.
Q. Whom should I contact if I have questions about the scholarship?
A. Call 1.800.296.9064 or send an email to email firstname.lastname@example.org.