Greater Iowa Credit Union promises to provide lifelong, personal service and innovative financial products to our members; this includes providing guidance for our youngest members to establish a strong financial future. That’s why we’ve created the Greater Iowa “Land-A-Grand” Scholarship® - to encourage soon-to-be college students to learn how to manage their money before they get in over their heads. Five $1,000 scholarships are awarded annually in the spring.
The next application period will open on February 1, 2023.
- Applicant must be a high school senior with plans to be a full-time student at an accredited college, university, or career/technical training program for the following academic year.
- All applicants must complete the Banzai Teen 4-part financial education program.
- Must be a resident of the state of Iowa.
- The online form includes questions that pertain to the Banzai module and short essay questions (300 words or less).
- Five $1,000 scholarships will be awarded annually.
- Recipients will be determined by a small judging panel of Greater Iowa staff and Board members. Applicants’ names and current schools will be removed from the judging process.
- Scholarship funds will be deposited directly into the student’s account at their university; winners do not receive cash or a check made out directly to them. If a winner does not attend the said financial institution in the upcoming academic year, the scholarship is forfeited.
- Greater Iowa Credit Union is permitted to use the winner’s name, photograph, and other information provided in their application for publicity purposes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Are only Iowa high school seniors eligible to apply?
A. Yes. The award is for students who plan to earn their high school diploma or general education development (GED) certificate.
Q. Can I apply for the scholarship if I’m not planning to go to a 4-year college?
A. Yes. Individuals who plan to attend community college or a career/technical training program can apply.
Q. Are relatives of Greater Iowa Credit Union employees eligible to apply?
A. Yes. Family members or relatives of Greater Iowa employees are eligible to apply as long as they meet all other eligibility requirements.
Q. Do I need to be a Greater Iowa member to apply?
A. No. If all the other requirements, including expected graduation and plans to be a full-time student, you may apply. You also need to reside within the state of Iowa.
Q. Whom should I contact if I have questions about the scholarship?
A. Call 800-296-9064 or send an email to email firstname.lastname@example.org.