To begin, complete this Pre-Transfer Worksheet. Here you will collect information about your different accounts, deposits and payments.
Once you've completed the worksheet, you can begin switching your accounts in a much more organized way!
Important things to note:
- Your new Greater Iowa Credit Union account number. If you don't have a Greater Iowa Credit Union account you will need to open a checking or savings account before switching. If you have both a checking and a savings account you will have the option to select which account your direct deposits, electronic payments, and payroll funds are transferred to.
- Your previous financial institution information. Your previous financial institution information is needed for you to close your previous accounts.
- Any direct deposits. List any companies who regularly deposit funds into your account. Some common uses of direct deposit include payroll, taxes, retirement and pension plan accounts, or expense reimbursements. Social Security customers need to call the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 or go to www.ssa.gov/deposit/howtosign.htm.
- A list of any electronic payments. Gather all information on companies that make electronic withdrawals from your account.
- Automatic withdrawal (ACH)
- Online bill pay accounts with your current financial institution
- Automatic charges to you debit and/or credit card. Common uses of automatic payments include rent/mortgage, utilities, phone and cable bills, and any payees you might have with your current online bill payment service.