Branch Location: 1630 22nd Street, West Des Moines, IA 50266
Assist the branch manager with the overall operation of the branch. Supports the delivery of credit union products and services consistent with the financial, operational and growth related strategic plans. Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of all tellers and MSR staff in the branch, including training of staff under his/her supervision. Exceeds member expectations by ensuring the highest standards of service are provided to all members. Assumes responsibility for the branch in the managers absence.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists branch manager and subordinate staff with routine daily operations, including inquiries, questions, and/or problem resolution. Supports branch operations by exhibiting a working knowledge of member services, depository, and lending functions. Monitor work of branch staff to ensure the highest level of service and accuracy are provided.
- Serves as a liaison for organizational projects and assists in the execution and implementation of divisional projects. Promotes new loan and deposit products and services to achieve operational and strategic growth strategies. Facilitates a service and sales oriented environment by building and maintaining member relationships.
- Serves as the primary contact for IRA related products and services. Understands IRA regulations and assists members in establishing IRA accounts.
- Ensures credit union policies and procedures are compliant with state and federal regulations affecting consumer credit and depository functions. Responsible for conducting random monthly account audits. Makes error resolution recommendations to branch manager. Reviews monthly closed account files and prepares requested reports. Maintains a working knowledge of policies and procedures, trends, and standards in the credit union industry.
- Participate in community events to increase awareness of the credit union. Foster a referral network by building relationships with the membership, segmented employee groups, peers, and various community organizations and affiliations.
- Assist with the interviewing and selection process. Provide input to performance evaluations, personnel actions, and performance management. Assists with and participates in training of new personnel. Schedules and adjusts work hours to ensure coverage levels are adequate for providing proper service to the members.
- Conducts periodic staff meetings to discuss essential communication items, changes or enhancements, policy and procedure updates and other performance related areas needing improvement. Fosters effective employee relations and maintains a highly motivated staff.
- Serves as a backup to all member service positions as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Promote and model the credit union service standards.
- Assist supervisor with branch achievement of goals, profitability, and operational efficiency.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of lending and depository credit union products and services.
- Comply with credit union lending and depository regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality with credit union proprietary information.
- Identifies cross selling opportunities and suggests additional credit union products and services.
- Display professionalism in appearance and daily demeanor.
- Must be eligible to register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS) and must maintain registration with NMLS as a registered Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO).
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
Education: (1) A two year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
Interpersonal Skills: The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job.
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- High level of service orientation.
- Ability to present information with diplomacy and tact.
- Working knowledge of teller, MSR, and lending positions.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications.
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize.
- Ability to lift, move, or transfer items, materials or product up to 30 lbs.
Phone: 515.956.3013 or 1.800.296.9064