Branch Location: 301 E Scenic Valley Ave, Indianola
To meet the service and sales needs and assure all member contacts are handled in a friendly, efficient and professional manner creating a positive experience. To support and actively demonstrate the credit union's mission and expectations of "Elevate the Experience" initiatives. To be knowledgeable on the products and services offered by the credit union and handle inquiries to assist members in solving problems and/or obtaining information while matching products and services best suited to their needs. To handle member's financial transactions, open new accounts, take/process lending applications and cross sell other credit union products and services on a daily basis. To support teamwork and assist their supervisor and the team in achieving day to day transactions and other branch operations as needed.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives and processes member's financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals and loan payments. Performs a variety of member service tasks including taking stop payments, cashing in coin and credit card payments. Also responsible for all aspects of new account/loans, certificates of deposit, safe deposit boxes, balancing checkbooks and assisting with fraud paperwork for the members.
- Responsible to open, close and service any type of new deposit account. Takes and processes loan applications. Maintain complete comprehension of account policies and procedures, assuring all member contacts and information are handled thoroughly in a friendly, efficient, confidential and professional manner. This includes cross selling overdraft protection, direct deposit, ATM/debit cards, credit cards, e services bill pay as well as all other consumer loan and credit card products and services.
- Actively greets and welcomes members at the door, provides information concerning services and sales of all credit union products and services, handling their requests. Is responsible to meet service and sales goals as determined by the supervisor utilizing the skills learned through "Elevate the Experience" training.
- Be accountable for cash in and out of the machine and other items needed to balance the teller GL's daily. Will be expected to balance at the end of the day while keeping his/her area neat and orderly.
- Be responsible for transactions conducted in person, over the telephone, in addition to drive up traffic.
- Assure all member contacts are handled in a friendly, efficient and professional manner and that all account information is handled confidentially.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- To provide friendly, professional, personal service to all members applying the principles of "Elevate the Experience" training to assure all member contacts are handled appropriately creating a positive experience.
- To accurately and completely handle all member transactions and financial needs daily.
- To meet balancing and accuracy standards established by branch procedures.
- To maintain a professional work environment and business like appearance according to established branch standards at all times. Must wear credit union name tag at all times.
- Follow all credit union and branch policies and procedures as established.
- Must be eligible to register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS) and must maintain registration with NMLS as a registered Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO).
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: The job can be learned in hours or days or weeks.
Education: A high school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
- Proven record of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize work.
- Strong communication skills and diplomacy.
- Ability to read and understand written instructions, standard practices and procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Clean, well lit, comfortable environment.
- Quiet to moderate noise environment.
- Stressful environment when dealing employees/members.
Steve Hogberg, Executive Vice President - email@example.com
Shanda Gleason, Administrative Assistant - firstname.lastname@example.org