Branch Location: 2623 Northridge Parkway, Ames 50010
To assist members with their financial transactions, involving paying and receiving cash and other negotiable instruments.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives and processes member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals and loan payments; sells money orders and travelers checks to members; transfers amounts from member accounts as directed. Post transactions to member accounts and maintain member records.
- Welcomes members and provides routine information concerning services and directs members to appropriate department for specific information and service. Cross sells credit union services.
- Balances cash drawer and daily transactions.
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous tasks including typing, filing, computer input.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To provide friendly, professional, personal service to all members.
- To handle at least 150 transactions per day.
- To have no more than one posting error per month.
- Must be in compliance with policy 1710 Over/Short.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
Education: A high school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
- Ten key calculator and computer keyboard by touch.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Detail oriented and accurate to prove cash at end of day and avoid errors on member accounts.
- Above average math skills.
- Proven track record of strong member service skills. Diplomacy.
- Professionalism in appearance, dress and attitude is a must.
- 15 to 25 hours per week
- 12 Noon – Close Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- 9 AM – 12 Noon every Saturday
Shanda Gleason - firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve Hogberg - email@example.com