8 Easy Ways To Give Your Kids A Financial Education
October 12, 2017
1. Take your kids with you on your next visit to Greater Iowa Credit Union.
2. Let them watch you balance your checkbook.
3. Show your kids how you pay your bills so they know that electricity, water, gas, phones and cable all cost money.
4. Give them a budget for an item they want, and let them choose which one to buy.
5. Let your kids work to pay for an expensive gadget or a special trip they really want.
6. Help them open their own small business.
7. Let your kids see you occasionally leave a store without buying anything so they learn to fight the impulse to buy, buy, buy.
8. Teach them to save! For great, fun ways you can share savings tips with your child, please visit greateriowacu.learnbanzai.com. This completely free online financial literacy tool designed for kids and adults of all ages is sponsored by GICU!
- financial education
- financial literacy