GICU Awards Project Classroom Innovation Grants
November 17, 2020
Greater Iowa Credit Union understands money has historically been very tight for teachers. That’s why we developed a special grant program back in 2013 to give local teachers the opportunity to apply for a grant to purchase items they may not otherwise be able to afford. Greater Iowa offers Project Classroom, a grant program for K-8 teachers that encourages innovation within. Each year, eight grants of $1,000 each, four in the spring and four in the fall, are awarded to teachers of registered Iowa Department of Education schools within our 33 county membership area.
We’re elated to bring much needed funds to a variety of school systems this year and help provide tools to enhance the level of learning for years to come!
Spring 2020 Winners:
- Carrie Runestad - Boone Community School District
- Chelsea Krastel - Des Moines Community School District
- Emily Pollpeter- Diocese of Des Moines School District
- Laura Lee - Ames Community School District
Fall 2020 Winners:
- Kristin Hatton - Fort Dodge Public Schools
- Jamie Nelson - North Polk Schools
- Stacy Oselette - Earlham Community Schools
- Tena Purvis - United Community Schools
To learn more about this program, please visit: www.gicu.org/project-classroom