Letter from the Greater Iowa CEO
December 30, 2020
Like many years, 2020 passed in the blink of an eye, yet brought about much unplanned change throughout the year. While it’s important to realize the impact the pandemic and other out of the ordinary events had on this year, we would like to take a moment to focus on the positive and remind ourselves of some of the good we were able to accomplish this year amidst unforeseeable odds.
- Renovated and reopened our East Des Moines branch to the community
- Developed internal Culture Champions program for staff to engage with to further refine our corporate culture
- Continued our Project Classroom and Land-a-Grand Grant programs, giving $13,000 to local teachers and high school seniors
- Received Best of Story County award for Best Credit Union for 13th year in a row
- Brought GICU to the Ankeny market by way of our newest branch location on SE Delaware
- Continued annual gift to United Way of Story County and United Way of Central Iowa
- Supported over 70 local non-profit organizations through our GiveIowa crowdfunding program, Corporate Giving Committee, GICU Team Member Donations, and event sponsorships
I, along with our staff, am grateful for you and for the trust you put in Greater Iowa to help you achieve your financial goals. Without you we would not be able to accomplish all that we have. We look forward to continuing to provide exceptional products and services that meet the needs of you and your families in 2021 and beyond.
On behalf of all of us at Greater Iowa Credit Union, we wish you Happy New Year!
President/CEO, Greater Iowa Credit Union