Greater Iowa offers a number of accounts to fit your lifestyle. Use the following comparison chart to determine the best checking account for you and your financial needs.
All checking accounts have a minimum age requirement of 18 unless there is a joint holder on the account.
Checking Options Brochure
Greater Checking Account Disclosure
Truth in Savings Disclosure
1. Requirements for GreaterChecking - These requirements must be met, post and settle during the monthly qualification cycle in order to receive the high dividend rate and other benefits:
- Have a share (membership) account with a minimum balance of $5.00.
- Have at least twenty (20) debit card purchases totaling $100 (PIN based or signature based) from their Greater Iowa debit card, and the purchases must post and settle prior to the close of business on the last business day of the month.
- The membership associated with the Greater Checking account must elect to receive electronic statements (e-Statements) in lieu of paper statements by registering or linking for e-Statements* with a valid email address; please see the Electronic Statement Disclosure in the Membership Agreement for further information on this product.
- Have a direct deposit of at least $100 per month in the Greater Checking account or at least one payment made via Greater Iowa bill pay from the Greater Checking account (internal transfers are excluded and do not qualify) prior to the close of business on the last business day of the month.
2. Required to avoid $10/month service charge.
3. Refund usage fees up to $10/month for using out-of-network or non-Privileged Status™ ATMs.
Refunds are only paid if member qualifies that month.
4. High dividend rate Annual Percentage Yield (APY) will be earned on balance up to $20,000.
5. Paid on balances that maintain $1,000 daily balance.