Greater Iowa Credit Union COVID-19 Response
July 31, 2020
Update regarding branch lobby operations:
While continuing to monitor safety protocols from the CDC as well as state and local health officials, GICU will be enhancing preventative measures surrounding Covid-19. To keep the health and safety of our employees, members and communities at the forefront, effective Monday, August 3rd, face coverings will be required in all GICU places of business.
Before visiting a branch lobby, please review our safety procedures to maintain the safety of everyone.
- When entering a branch, face coverings are required.
- Those that are ill are asked to stay home.
- Please take advantage of our no-contact financial access options below
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout all branch locations for members to use as they enter and leave our branches.
- Social distance markers have been placed on floors as a reminder to keep 6 feet of social distance.
- Coffee stations, magazines, and children’s toys will remain unavailable.
- The number of guests allowed in our lobbies will be limited.
- Please limit the number of family members and guests you bring with you to conduct business. Branch staff will be monitoring branch traffic to avoid crowding.
- Appointments are recommended for any services beyond standard teller window services.
- Schedule your branch visit by calling our Contact Center staff at 800.296.9064.
- To limit exposure and spread, we do encourage those who are able to continue to utilize our online, drive-thru and ATM/ITM account services.
Below are no-contact ways to access your account and finances:
- Drive-thru locations – complete cash transactions including withdrawals and deposits, loan payments, etc.
- Drive-thru locations currently available: Lincoln Way (Ames), Somerset (Ames) Westown (West Des Moines), and Denison
- Interactive Teller Machines (ITMs) – available to complete teller transactions remotely
- ITM locations available: Southgate (Ames), Indianola, and Waukee
- ATMs – available 24/7
- Online and Mobile Banking – available 24/7 to transfer funds between accounts, pay bills, make loan payments, remotely deposit checks, transfer funds to other members, etc.
We thank you for your continued patience as we navigate this time together. Future CDC recommendations will be monitored closely, and action will be taken as needed in order to maintain safety for all.
President/CEO, Greater Iowa Credit Union
June 30, 2020
An important update regarding our branch lobby service:
Beginning Wednesday, July 1st, our Denison branch location will join the below GICU branch locations and re-open during normal business hours.
GICU branches operating during normal business hours as of July 1:
Lincoln Way – Ames
Somerset – Ames
Southgate – Ames
Westown – West Des Moines
As a reminder, to ensure the safety of our staff and members, we've implemented several safety precautions and guidelines for conducting in-person business.
- Plexiglass Protection Shields. Protective shields have been installed at teller lines where able.
- Masks. Where Plexiglass protection shields are not able to be installed, GICU staff will be wearing masks. We highly recommend our members do the same as a precautionary measure.
Social Distancing. To comply with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) social distancing guidelines, we've placed markers on the floor ensuring 6 feet of distance between branch visitors.
Cleaning Precautions. Each branch location has been supplied with additional cleaning supplies and guidelines to follow during this time. Hand sanitizer will be available for all branch visitors, as well.
Branch Guests. Please limit the number of family members and guests you bring with you to conduct business. Branch staff will be monitoring branch traffic to avoid crowding.
Appointments. If you wish to schedule your branch visit, you are welcome and encouraged to do so by calling our Contact Center staff at 800.296.9064.
Member Services. During this time, we will not be serving refreshments in our lobbies and all restrooms will be closed to the public.