Greater Iowa Credit Union COVID-19 Response
May 30, 2020
An important update regarding our branch lobby service:
Beginning Monday, June 1, 2020, many public Greater Iowa Credit Union branch locations will return to normal business hours. This includes the re-opening of branch lobbies and continued service via drive-thru locations and ITM/ATMs.
Please note, our Denison branch lobby will remain closed until deemed safe, with appointments and drive-thru services remaining available. Our East Des Moines branch location will not open at this time due to extensive remodel work.
GICU Branches returning to normal business hours on June 1:
- Lincoln Way – Ames
- Somerset – Ames
- Southgate – Ames
- Westown – West Des Moines
We would like to thank you, our members, for your patience and flexibility over the last few months. To ensure the safety of our staff and members, we've implemented several safety precautions and guidelines for conducting in-person business.
- Plexiglass Protection Shields. Protective shields have been installed at teller lines where able.
- Masks. Where Plexiglass protection shields are not able to be installed, GICU staff will be wearing masks. We highly recommend our members do the same as a precautionary measure.
Social Distancing. To comply with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) social distancing guidelines, we've placed markers on the floor ensuring 6 feet of distance between branch visitors.
Cleaning Precautions. Each branch location has been supplied with additional cleaning supplies and guidelines to follow during this time. Hand sanitizer will be available for all branch visitors, as well.
Branch Guests. Please limit the number of family members and guests you bring with you to conduct business. Branch staff will be monitoring branch traffic to avoid crowding.
Appointments. If you wish to schedule your branch visit, you are welcome and encouraged to do so by calling our Contact Center staff at 800.296.9064.
Member Services. During this time, we will not be serving refreshments in our lobbies and all restrooms will be closed to the public.
To limit exposure and spread, we do encourage those who are able to continue to utilize our drive-thru and ATM/ITM services. In an effort to keep your fellow GICU members and staff safe, if you are currently not feeling well or are exhibiting symptoms similar to that of Covid-19, please use our no-contact forms of business outlined below.
As always, there are many ways to access your finances without visiting a branch lobby.
- Drive-thru locations – complete cash transactions including withdrawals and deposits, loan payments, etc.
- Drive-thru locations currently available: Lincoln Way (Ames), Somerset (Ames) Westown (West Des Moines), and Denison
- Interactive Teller Machines (ITMs) – available to complete teller transactions remotely
- ITM locations available: Southgate (Ames), Indianola, and Waukee
- ATMs – available 24/7
- Online and Mobile Banking – available 24/7 to transfer funds between accounts, pay bills, make loan payments, remotely deposit checks, transfer funds to other members, etc.
Although your member experience may look a little different as we navigate this time together, please know we are committed to serving you in the safest way possible.
Greater Iowa Credit Union is following guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, the Iowa Department of Public Health, and other sources to monitor the situation surrounding COVID-19 as it unfolds and will continue to make necessary decisions to keep everyone safe.
President/CEO, Greater Iowa Credit Union